1. The graves and lots in the Cemetery shall be used for no other purpose than as a place of sepulcher for human bodies. Multiple depth interments and above-ground burials are not allowed. Cremains (ashes) are limited in one grave.
2. Lot owner shall not be permitted to allow interments to be made in their lots for remuneration. No transfer of any lot is valid unless the consent in writing is endorsed by the Treasurer, and a new Deed issued in accordance with the By-Laws. Re-sale of lots may be carried out through Union Hill Cemetery Company with the Cemetery retaining a percentage for so doing. The new owner must pay a fee of Ten Dollars ($10.00) for the new Deed.
3. An oral order is required from the lot owner, or his legal representative, whenever a grave is to be opened.
4. No new planting of shrubs, trees or bushes allowed. If any existing trees or bushes situated in any lot shall, by means of their roots or branches, become detrimental to adjacent lots or avenues, or unsightly, it shall be the duty of the Cemetery Company and it shall have the right to enter upon said lots and remove said trees, shrubs, bushes or parts thereof. This work will be at the expense of the lot owner.
5. In making excavations the Cemetery Company reserves the right to use temporarily the adjoining lot or lots to receive such tools and equipment as is necessary to perform the work.
6. Lot owners are required to prepay all charges of the Cemetery Company for interments, labor and materials. No burial shall be permitted in any lot against which there is any charge of the Cemetery Company due and unpaid.
7. The charge for Perpetual Care and maintenance of each lot, which includes mowing and trimming the grass, shall be at the discretion of the Cemetery.
8. All work in the Cemetery shall be done by or under the supervision of the Superintendent of Union Hill Cemetery.
9. Lot owners may adorn their lots with flowers only adjacent to the monument. Artificial flowers may not be used between March 15th and November 1st. All floral pieces when faded, dead flowers and plants, water containers and artificial flowers may be removed by the Cemetery Company.
10. The Cemetery Company reserves the right, and it shall be its duty to remove or reset fallen monuments; and to repair those in a dangerous and/or unsafe condition. All such improvement will be at the expense of the lot owner.
11. Funeral Regulations: Two (2) business days notice for arranging interments. Funeral procession to arrive at Cemetery by 2:30 PM on Mondays through Friday; no later than 12:30 PM on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. There will be an extra charge for Saturday, Sunday and holiday funerals.
12. Walking dogs or any other animals is prohibited in the Cemetery on driveways and where stones are placed. All terrain vehicles (ATV’s) mini bikes and motor bikes are prohibited.
13. All lots purchased shall be endowed to perpetual care. Purchaser shall have privilege of spreading payment for said lot over a 1 year period. No interment shall be permitted, however, unless all charges have been paid in full.
14. The Cemetery Company may from time to time revise these rules; make reasonable amendments and additions thereto as may be necessary for the proper administration of the Cemetery.